Wording of the Equal Rights Amendment

"Equality of rights under the law shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex."

Thursday, July 1, 2010

It's official, I've been excused

I got the reply postcard today, excusing me from jury service. I asked to be excused under the question, Are you a US Citizen? I did not circle Yes or No, but wrote "see Remarks", and in the Remarks section I wrote: "Without a constitutional amendment, I do not have full and equal citizenship in the US."

Today I was excused, for this reason, since I gave no other. If anyone joins me, please photocopy the summons before you send it in, and then the reply when you get it. If you are not excused like I was, then you have the choice of going, but explaining that you cannot serve. If forced to serve, then you have the choice of abstaining from voting.

I also thought that if forced to vote, I would vote for the minority, whatever side that was.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment